To submit a request:
- Sign in to ILLiad with your UHCL computer username and password
- Under New Request, select a request form and enter information at the required field (*)
- Adding any additional information may assist and speed up the process of locating your requested item
- Note: The Cancel Request option is only available during the submission process and prior to ILL Staff processing the request. Please contact the ILL Office (email@example.com or 281-283-3906) if you have any questions regarding request cancellations.
- Please note the following restrictions when placing an ILL request:
- The library does not process requests for patrons who have overdue materials.
- *Multiple requests for journal articles from the current five years usually requires prioritizing and approval through a consultation with a research librarian.
- Bestsellers or recently released items are more difficult to obtain.
- Textbooks, popular movies and music, archival materials, and obsolete formats (film strips, VHS, LPs, etc.) will not be requested through ILL.
Note: Please be aware that requests submitted after 11:00 a.m. on Fridays are not processed until Monday morning.
Some of the library search engines such as OneSearch or ArticleLinker from library subscribed databases already have established links to connect unavailable resources to the interlibrary loan request. Upon clicking on these "Request" button or "submit article request" link, your request information will be automatically imported into the appropriate ILLiad interlibrary loan request forms. Check out these convenient links to save time in ordering ILL materials.